[mlpack] Revamp mlpack bindings GSoC Report

Nippun Sharma inbox.nippun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:04:08 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,
I hope you all are healthy and safe.

It has been a great experience contributing to mlpack.
mlpack is the first project that I have ever contributed to.
This was possible because the mlpack community is very
friendly to newcomers.

mlpack has also helped me improve my technical skills and learn
a lot more about c++ and development than what I knew when I
first started. At the end of the GSoC period, I do feel a sense of
achievement.

I thought that this would be a very difficult refactoring but my mentors:
Ryan, James and Yashwant kept supporting and motivating me.
It would not have been possible to make this progress without them.

I will continue to make contributions to the mlpack codebase in the future
as well.

I have prepared a report for the current progress of my project
that you all can see here
<https://github.com/NippunSharma/GSoC-2021-Work-Report>.

Best,
Nippun