[mlpack] GS0C 2020

Gopi Manohar Tatiraju deathcoderx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:37:19 EST 2020

 Hey Marcus,
I agree that we should focus on one topic only, I am more interested in
Segmentation Models.

I started implementing SegNet(https://github.com/mlpack/models/issues/54)
but as UpSampling Layer is not implemented in mlpack I got stuck. As you
can see in the discussion said that they will implement of the layer is in
progress and I think soon we will know the status.

Also, I did some more reading regarding Segmentation Models, I think
reading survey papers on this topic would be a better option as by that we
can analyze the speed and requirements of the model and then can implement
those which provides better timings. What do you think?

I read this article(
https://medium.com/@arthur_ouaknine/review-of-deep-learning-algorithms-for-image-semantic-segmentation-509a600f7b57
)
[image: image.png]

I think it would be better to decide the models now, once decided we can
start focusing on Model Implementation & Visualization.

Regards.
Gopi M Tatiraju