[mlpack] Regular mlpack video chats (in 2020)

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Jan 9 09:22:01 EST 2020

Hey there everyone,

Just FYI, we'll have an mlpack video meet-up today at 1800 UTC (roughly
four hours from now).  We can use Zoom again:

https://zoom.us/j/3820896170

Hope to see you there!  There is no agenda, we can just talk about
whatever comes to mind. :)

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 10:05:51PM +0100, Marcus Edel wrote:
> Thanks for organizing the meeting, I think a regular meeting is a great idea,
> see you January 9th.
>
> > On 23. Dec 2019, at 03:59, Ryan Curtin <ryan at ratml.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I'm really sorry that I have been so slow to act on this.  Most of the
> > end of November and December so far have been traveling, so it's been
> > hard for me to keep up.  But in any case...
> >
> > I would say that the mlpack video meet-up that we did a handful of weeks
> > ago was a success, and many people said that they'd like to do it more
> > often.  So I think that we should set up something regular---but, given
> > that it's the end-of-year break for many people, let's wait until 2020
> > to get these going.
> >
> > To keep it simple, here's my proposal, based on the time survey results
> > from the poll I sent out many weeks ago:
> >
> > * We can have a video meet-up every two weeks, for an hour.
> >
> > * We'll alternate scheduling to accomodate timezones around the world:
> >   one time, it'll be Thursday at 1800 UTC.  The next time, it'll be on
> >   Wednesday at 2200 UTC.
> >
> > * Like before, we won't have any specific agenda.  So the video
> >   meet-ups are useful in that we can talk about anything (perhaps even
> >   debugging, etc.), and there's no preparation necessary beforehand.
> >   In fact I think it's perfectly okay if nobody even talks about
> >   mlpack.
> >
> > We can be flexible on those times if we need; I'm just going off the
> > survey results.  And this of course doesn't preclude any other video
> > meetings or meet-ups that people want to do. :)
> >
> > We can start the second week of January (so, Thursday, January 9th, 1800
> > UTC).  We can make sure a reminder email gets sent for anyone that's
> > interested, and we can use Zoom again, since NumFOCUS has provided us
> > with a paid Zoom account.
> >
> > Feel free to respond with any thoughts or questions. :)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Ryan
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Curtin    | "So I just, uh... I just cut them up like regular
> > ryan at ratml.org | chickens?" - Henry Spencer

Ryan Curtin    | "It's too bad she won't live!  But then again, who
ryan at ratml.org | does?" - Gaff