[mlpack] Ideas for GSOC

problemset problemset at 163.com
Thu Jan 31 21:03:16 EST 2019

Hello, everyone,

I am Xiaohong Ji, undergraduate student from Wuhan University. My research interest is machine learning and deep reinforcement learning, so I am interested in project reinforcement learning. My first greeting email was received a warmful response from this great community. I am writing this email is that I wish I can apply the GSOC 2019 and look for a potential mentor.  :)

Currently, I am implementing the PER project. I finished all the functionality and Manish Kumar's code review. I want to go further. I saw the updated Idealist and found that there are many new interesting projects. I am wondering, If we want to apply GSOC 2019  in the mlpack community, can we pick some reinforcement learning project like GSOC 2018 idealist or focus on those project provided in the idealist? Other deep learning methods are also attractive to me, but I wish I can go further in the reinforcement learning part.

Thanks,
Xiaohong