[mlpack] Regarding GSoC work

Aman Pandey aman0902pandey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 23:13:36 EDT 2019

Hello MLPACK community,
Before I start, I must mention that the community is doing really great.
And the organisers are working on this for over 8 years, which itself
is really appreciable and inspiring enough to drive the community.

I have been following the community since February, but it was
only 2 days back when I had a chance to read the codebase "properly".
I hope starting late doesn't mean, not having a chance to be
selected for GSoC2019.

However, I strongly wish to be a part of the community. I am working
like hell from the last few days for the GSoC, which of course most of the
members do, as I was not able to contribute to the community due to
certain serious engagements.

I have submitted a proposal under the email Id aman0902pandey at gmail.com
with title "GSOC2019 Proposal". I added the tasks which I found achievable
and
of a great use for the R&D activities related to use of mlpack. Where the
library
will turn to be a great use for researchers.

However, I would love to add few more algorithms from various domains
into the mlpack bundle. I couldn't add everything while writing the
proposal though.

Hope, it's clear and explainable for my late participation.

Right now I've already started working on adding a loss function and open a
PR soon
once it's confirmed from the organisers' side.

Looking forward to working with the community for GSoC 2019. :)

Sincerely,
Aman Pandey