[mlpack] Regarding GsOC 2018

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Tue Feb 27 11:18:20 EST 2018

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 07:32:00PM +0530, aditya dokhale wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Aditya Dokhale a sophomore from IIT(BHU) Varanasi, India. I got to
> know about your organisation through GsOC website and I really liked your
> organisation and would like to contribute in it.
> I am well versed in C/C++ and python and i have also done a machine
> learning course in my College.
> I am interested in the project *" Alternatives to neighbourhood-based
> collaborative filtering "*. So kindly guide me how should i proceed towards
> it? What should i read about it ( I am currently reading the research paper
> given on the ideas page). Also do I have to submit a PR too?

Hi Aditya,

There are some resources that can help you get started:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

In addition there are lots of messages on the mailing list archives that
you can look at about this project from the past couple years:

http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/

(You could search that archive with Google or I think gmane too)

Otherwise I would suggest getting familiar with the codebase as a good
first step.  Contributions are not required to be accepted so you should
not feel obligated to submit a PR.

Ryan Curtin    | "What? Facts?"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Joe Cairo