[mlpack] Robotic Arm - GSoC Project Idea

Vaibhav Jain vabsweb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:00:59 EST 2018

Hello Marcus,
Thanks for this resource. I will sure check it out. In the meantime, I will
also research some other previous similar projects.

On Feb 27, 2018 03:36, "Marcus Edel" <marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hello Vaibhav,

thanks for the input, I agree ROS is definitely a good option to get
started,
the available resources is just one point. My initial idea was to integrate
the
simulator in the OpenAI Gym framework, mlpack already follows the gym
interface
so the interaction is already in place, but I think we could use the Gazebo
extension for Gym to get it working. This looks promising
(https://github.com/erlerobot/gym-gazebo). Not sure the install process is
straightforward, in the best case we can install everything with a few
clicks
and most packages are available for a bunch of distributions.

__
Vaibhav Jain