[mlpack] Robotic Arm - GSoC Project Idea

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 26 17:06:25 EST 2018

Hello Vaibhav,

thanks for the input, I agree ROS is definitely a good option to get started,
the available resources is just one point. My initial idea was to integrate the
simulator in the OpenAI Gym framework, mlpack already follows the gym interface
so the interaction is already in place, but I think we could use the Gazebo
extension for Gym to get it working. This looks promising
(https://github.com/erlerobot/gym-gazebo). Not sure the install process is
straightforward, in the best case we can install everything with a few clicks
and most packages are available for a bunch of distributions.