[mlpack] GSoC 2018 - VAE project regarding

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Feb 26 09:16:19 EST 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 05:32:51PM +0530, Ravi Raaja wrote:
> Hello all,
> Myself RaviRaaja , computer science grad student from National Institute of
> Technology, Karnataka, India. I'm interested to contribute to mlpack via
> GSoC 2018 , this is my first attempt to GSoC so little excited. I'm
> currently working on De-noising auto encoder for removal gaussian noise
> from images using GANs and VAE. so i would like to be a part of Vae project
> in mlpack. I'm going through code base of mlpack which very interesting and
> very faster compared to sklearn and tf libraries. I request mentors to
> suggest note over generative models, because i have a plan to include my
> current project as a part of proposal.

Hi Ravi,

Welcome to the community.  If this is your first GSoC I would suggest
that you take a look at the online documentation that is available for
students, and mlpack also has some pages that could be useful:

  - http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
  - http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

One thing to note is that it is up to the student to develop the
proposal, so be sure to detail your thoughts and ideas clearly when you
submit a proposal.

Ryan Curtin    | "Open the pig!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Frank Moses