[mlpack] Robotic Arm - GSoC Project Idea

Vaibhav Jain vabsweb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 07:13:39 EST 2018

Hello,
My name is Vaibhav Jain. I am an undergraduate student majoring in IT and
Maths at Delhi University. I am very much interested in participating in
GSoC this year with your organization.
One of your project, Robotic Arm, specially catches my eye as I have
previously worked on a fair amount of projects based on robotic
manipulators and humanoid. One of them also includes a gesture-controlled
robotic arm in which a robotic arm mimics the motion of the user's arm. I
have also worked on ROS and gazebo simulator. It would be an
interesting idea to use mlpack with ROS which could give Gazebo more
flexibility. I am also familiar with machine learning and deep learning,
and I am looking forward to implementing these on a robotic arm.
Right now, I have build and gone through some tutorials on mlpack. I am
trying to get more familiar with mlpack's codebase. If you can give me some
pointers for the project, it would be awesome. Thanks.
 --
Vaibhav Jain
University of Delhi