[mlpack] Participation in GSoC 2018

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Tue Feb 6 08:53:45 EST 2018

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 11:18:28PM +0600, Artem Fedoskin wrote:
> There is a planetarium program called KStars that is a part of KDE
> Education package. This program allows you see the map of the night sky,
> explore different space objects, control your telescope and a lot of other
> amateur astronomy-related stuff. My task was to make an Android version
> called KStars Lite that would share the same codebase (though I migrated
> the whole graphics part to the new graphical backend, the data part is
> still the same). You can check my work on this page (nickname: polaris)
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2016/projects/5053062041305088/
> and try it yourself on your Android device
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kde.kstars.lite.
> I was working with Qt framework that is based on C++ so I have some C++
> background.

Hi Artem,

This sounds very cool!  Thank you for sharing. :)

>> We are trying to add new entrance issues over the next days,
>
> That would be very nice, thank you very much.

There are a few open you might consider looking at, although not all are
related to deep learning specifically:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/1152
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/922
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/891
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/919

I just picked a few; there are lots of others on Github that might also
be interesting to you.  And of course, if you see that some
functionality you would like is missing, you are always welcome to
contribute it.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Maybe the next time."
ryan at ratml.org |   - J.G. Ballard