[mlpack] How to get started on CF idea of GSoC 2018

Wenhao Huang wenhao.huang.work at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 06:58:31 EST 2018

Hi,

My name is Wenhao and I am a senior computer science student at Peking
University (Beijing, China). I plan to apply for GSoC and contribute to
mlpack library so I guess it's better to start early.

I took several courses on Machine Learning and I have research experience
concerning application of machine learning on knowledge base. And I
interned at an AI startup focused on CV for 4 months. C/C++ and python are
the languages I use most.

Recently I am interested in recommender systems and I took a course on
collaborative filtering. Thus I want to work on the CF project for GSoC
2018. So far I have installed mlpack and successfully run a few programs.
Can someone give me some pointers on what to do next to get started on the
CF idea? Thanks!

Best,
Wenhao Huang