[mlpack] GSOC 2018

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Feb 1 07:45:59 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 03:45:30PM +0530, HRITHIK PIYUSH wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Hrithik Piyush, a student of Electronics & Instrumentation at Birla
> Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani. I have a keen interest in Deep
> Learning and have done quite a few courses and projects on Convolutional,
> Recurrent Neural Networks, Restricted Boltzmann Machines and Deep Belief
> Networks.
>
> I am interested in the Essential Deep Learning Modules project and
> presently checking out the PRs of the project done in the previous year by
> Kris Singh. Would like to contribute to mlpack on these lines, looking
> forward for some pointers regarding the same.

Hi Hrithik,

Maybe you have already seen the following links, but if not, they could
be useful:

 - http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
 - http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html
 - https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

For the deep learning modules project, some work has been done updating
Kris's PRs.  But there are also some other PRs (from a different but
related project) that you might consider looking into, such as #1048,
#1061, #1072.  I think that nobody is currently working on finishing
these, so I think if you wanted to step in and try and handle the last
few things, we could get them merged.

Have you taken a look at the mailing list archives, also?

http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/

You can search through there (I think gmane archives the list too for
easier searching) and there may be lots of useful information or
questions that have been answered from previous years.

I hope this helps!

Ryan Curtin    | "None of your mailman friends can hear you."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Alpha