[mlpack] Greetings : GSOC 19 participation

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Dec 24 13:28:39 EST 2018

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 10:03:08PM +0530, Rohan Raj wrote:
> Hey Ryan,
>
> So pleased to hear from you. I would start working on my previous PRs soon
> enough. I will definitely love to solve the issues as I have been a
> contributor for almost one year.

Great, looking forward to it.  You can probably see there are lots of
open PRs to be reviewed so we will do our best to respond in a timely
manner but there is a lot. :)

> I really love the idea of having Mlpack as a backend for Keras. I think we
> can actually use the python bindings of Mlpack for this purpose. However, I
> agree that its too much of work for being projected as a GSOC project. I
> will definitely consider the possibilities of planning how to target the
> idea.

Right, actually I think custom Python bindings (not the automatically
generated ones) might be the way to go, but in either case maybe some
exploration of the idea is the first thing to do.

> Thanks for helping me out. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

You too! :)

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Plot is a primitive vulgarity in literature."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Balph Eubank