[mlpack] GSoC 2016 Project: Neuroevolution algorithms

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 10 08:47:36 EST 2016

Hello Nakul,

It is a good decision to start with something easy that could be CNE or NEAT.
Afterwards, we can use that as a baseline for comparison with other
implementation. You should keep in mind, that you have to write tests, for every
evolution algorithm you write, and that often takes more time than the actual
implementation. Anyway, this year google made draft proposals part of the
proposal workflow. So we can comment on your timeline etc. and give feedback
once you submitted your application. Also take a look at:
http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can clarify anything,