[mlpack] GSoC

monish godhia monish1247 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:13:56 EST 2016

Sir/Ma'am,
        My name is Monish Godhia and I am a third year B.E. Hons Computer
Science undergraduate student from BITS Pilani Hyderabad, India. My
proficiency revolves around the areas of machine learning , C/C++, python
and java.
        I have successfully completed my projects with Google India (code
for India) and also been a part of the idea that was appreciated by the
elite panel of internet.org challenge by Facebook. Many of my developments
can be checked through my github profile - *https://github.com/share-with-me/
<https://github.com/share-with-me/>*
        I have taken up courses on machine learning(securing a perfect
grade of 10/10), data mining(ongoing) and data structures and algorithms. I
mainly use scikit for various machine learning algorithms. However, after
reading the GSoC list of projects by mlpack, I was very much keen to work
on (one of/more) the following projects:
1.Fast k-centers Algorithm & Implementation
2.Essential Deep Learning Modules
3.We need to go deeper - GoogLeNet
4.Alternatives to neighborhood-based collaborative filtering
5.Approximate Nearest Neighbor Search
6.Dataset and experimentation tools
      To start with, I have downloaded the mlpack, set up the environment
and have started to play around with it. I really look forward to
contribute more on github.
      I am an avid reader of research papers and always fascinated by new
things. It would be great if I could get a mentor to guide me on going on
with the projects and develop something great.
Thanks and Regards,
Monish Godhia