[mlpack] Fwd: GSOC

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Mar 3 12:58:30 EST 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 05:24:25PM +0100, Christian Ngoulla Sob wrote:
> Hello,
>        I am Ngoulla sob Christian Asnel, a second year student in computer
> science in university of buea.
> I am used to C programming, data structures,  and have some basics
> knowledge of C++.
> I am would like to contribute by means of GSoc.
> Please i am a newcomer, eager to learn and work with you, can someone help
> me and guide me?
> I would like to contribute to one of the following projects
>       - implement trees types
>       - fast-k algorithm and implementation

Hi Asnel,

There has been a lot of discussion on the mailing list already about
those two projects.  Here are some links (but it may be a good idea to
search the mailing list archives more thoroughly:
https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/ ):

Here is some information on the tree types project:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2016-March/000760.html

This email describes the k-centers project in some more detail and links
to other emails that have some papers that might be good to read:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2016-March/000751.html

I hope this is helpful; please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Ryan Curtin    | "Are you or are you not the Black Angel of Death?"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Steve