[mlpack] GSoC'22 Project Proposal: Multi-objective Optimizers

Nanubala Gnana Sai jonpsy101 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:45:22 EDT 2022

Hello Ahmed

Good start, the proposal looks decent as well. It could surely go through
several improvements. Things like: How it will fit our codebase, emphasis
on docs & thorough testing is a major plus.

Do take some decent time to understand how the APIs work in ensmallen work
especially Multiobjective module. There are a few notebooks in
mlpack/examples demonstrating their practical application, you'd find them
useful.

Also, have a look https://github.com/jonpsy/SPEA-2 at this repository which
may prove helpful for your task. Further, open source orgs like pymoo and
pagmo2 can serve as a great source of inspiration as well.

Rest we can discuss in the doc.

I'll look forward for more of your contributions.