[mlpack] GSoC'22 Project Proposal: Multi-objective Optimizers

Ahmed Abdelatty ahmedradalla2001 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 07:41:26 EDT 2022

Hi,

    I’m Ahmed Abdelatty, a computer engineering student at Cairo
University. I am interested in template metaprogramming, competitive
programming and algorithms, and have a strong knowledge of C++. I have been
reviewing the mlpack and ensmallen codebases for the past month and made
the following two PRs: #3173 <https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/pull/3173>
 and #341 <https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/341>.

I’d like to contribute to mlpack under GSoC’22 by taking on the
Multi-objective Optimizers project. I plan to add the SPEA2 algorithm and
test it against the ZDT test suite. I intend it to be a medium-sized
project (175 hours).

The following is a link to my draft proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Q3WmZl7WcCbTuH-Lo_jkGPWpH2j-g6WUBXsR3ZjstE/edit?usp=sharing>.
I’m eagerly looking forward to your replies in order to improve it.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelatty

GitHub username: ahmedr2001