[mlpack] mlpack has accepted 8 projects for GSoC 2021!

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon May 17 18:50:13 EDT 2021

Hello everyone!

Projects have been selected and announced for Google Summer of Code
2021!  This year I am happy to report that we have accepted 8 projects.
The projects are listed here:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6333875426426880/

Congratulations to all the students who were accepted!  This year we
received approximately 30 applications, which is down from previous
years.  I think this is because of how crazy COVID has made everything;
honestly, I feel lucky that GSoC is happening at all this year.

Thank you to everyone who applied.  Even if you were not selected this
year, all of us make up the mlpack community and without each of us, the
library would be a little less (both literally and figuratively!).

Anyway, I will provide some more information in the coming weeks about
each project, but, I have to have a random snippet of biographical
trivia for each student, and I don't have that yet. :)

Have a great rest of your day!

Ryan Curtin    | "Good Lord - I've heard about this - cat juggling!
ryan at ratml.org | Stop! Stop! Stop it!" - Navin R. Johnson