[mlpack] Ready to use Models in mlpack (GSOC '21)

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 17 10:25:06 EDT 2021

Hello Aakash,

thanks for the interest in the project and all the contributions; what you proposed
looks quite useful to me and as you already pointed out would integrate really well
with some of the existing functionalities.

I guess for loading segmentation datasets we will stick with a common format e.g.
COCO, and add support for the data loader and potentially add support for other
formats later?

One remark about the scope, you might want to remove one model from the list, and
add a note to the proposal something along the lines of, if there is time left at the end
of the summer, I propose to work on z, but the focus is on x and y.

I hope what I said was useful; please don't hesitate to ask if anything needs clarification.