[mlpack] GS0C 2020

Gopi Manohar Tatiraju deathcoderx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 02:10:35 EDT 2020

Hey Marcus,
Sorry for late reply, I was busy with my exams but they are over now and I
can give my complete attention here.

I want to implement Image Segmentation Models for sure. I want to go with
two models:

   1. SegNet
   2. SqueezeNet

   - Main attraction of SegNet is it's Encoder-Decoder Layer. Here the
   fully connected layers are discarded which makes our model much smaller.
   - I am planning to add this layer not specifically for SegNet but into
   the library so that it can be used for other implementation in the future
   as well. Doing this will ensure the code re usability and will increase the
   productivity and will make our library network rich!!!
   - SqueezeNet again has a Fire Module which is its main feature to
   decrease the number of input channel.
   - This will also be implemented library wide so that it can be used in
   future implementation as well.
   - Any more layers or functions required for these models will also we
   implemented library wide

Phase 1

Add all the pre-required layers and functions library wide and perform
extensive testing on them.
Testing parameters can be decided hand in hand while implementing these
layers and functions.

Phase 2

This phase will be completely dedicated to implement the architecture of
both the models.
This should not take much time as by now we will have all the required
layers and function.
We will just need to dictate the flow and build the architecture. Also
testing will be started.

Phase 3

Here we can make final tweaks as per our requirements and testing results.
Once the models are finally done we can start training them.
I am also planning to write more extensive tutorial on how to use these
models.
Also based on the results virtualisation will be created to display it in
more
understandable ways.
I am also planning to apply Segmentation Models on the video, it will be a
great way to
show off the model repo.

Both models have less training time and more efficiency when considered
against complexity of the models. Also once trained both can run on mobile
devices.
What are your thoughts about this plan?
Do I need to add more detailing?

Regards