[mlpack] GSoC 2020 Ideas

Andrei M mihalea.andrei at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:50:07 EDT 2020

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I've been thinking more about the ideas for the GSoC and I've established a
top 2 I'd like to work on: Reinforcement learning or Applications of ANN.
(I'll only select one for the final proposal)

1. RL: I've taken a more in-depth look on the reinforcement learning
module. The DQN, Double DQN and prioritized replay are already implemented,
so as part of the rainbow the remaining components are Dueling networks,
Multi-step learning, Distributional RL, Noisy. Therefore, I suggest
finishing the implementation of the Rainbow DQN and then an implementation
of the ACKTR algorithm.

2. Applications of ANN: Implementing a U-Net or DeepLabv3 architecture for
semantic segmentation.

I would like to know if the ideas above would make enough for a summer
project for each of the two sections.

Thank you,
Andrei