[mlpack] GSoC 2020 inquiries

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 9 09:51:09 EDT 2020

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 04:13:50AM +0200, Andrew Ashraf wrote:
> Dear,
> I am very interesting to contribute to mlpack. I am very enthusiastic to
> work on the visualization tool.
> I started long time ago researching for this topic and preparing a good
> skeleton for the project and I wanted to contact the mentor of this
> project. If you could share his mail to have a feedback, I would appreciate
> it so much.

Hi Andrew,

We try to keep discussion on the public mailing list here so that
(That way, a mentor only needs to reply once, instead of sending the
same message over and over again. :))

If you're interested in some information on how to prepare a good
proposal, you might consider looking here:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Application-Guide

And you may also find these pages interesting if you haven't already
seen them:

https://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html
https://www.mlpack.org/community.html

Thanks!

Ryan Curtin    | "...I still don't know what it means."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Rigby Reardon