[mlpack] mlpack 3.3.0 release planning

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 9 09:43:37 EDT 2020

Hey everyone,

It's been too long since we've had a release; in the past months we've
been held up because we didn't want to release 3.3.0 until the Julia
bindings were stable, but at the same time, we had merged the Julia
bindings themselves, so we couldn't release 3.2.3.  Finally, the Julia
bindings have been merged and are available via Julia, so we can get
3.3.0 released.  Since it's been so long, I think we should aim to
release pretty soon, and push anything that we miss to a follow-up
release 3.3.1.

I assembled a list of PRs and issues into the 'mlpack 3.3.0' milestone
here:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/milestones/mlpack%203.3.0

If you have any that you think we should add that are critical to get
into the release, please speak up and we can see if we can fit it in.
And if you want to help, please feel free to review some of those PRs
and help get them towards merge. :)

(As it stands, I think some of these PRs will end up getting pushed
off to 3.3.1; it's already 9 PRs and some of these are kind of far away
from a merge.)

Thanks!

Ryan Curtin    | "Lots of respectable people have been hit by
ryan at ratml.org | trains."  - Penny