[mlpack] mlpack 3.3.1 released

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Apr 30 08:34:11 EDT 2020

Hello there everyone,

I've just released mlpack 3.3.1:

  http://www.mlpack.org/files/mlpack-3.3.1.tar.gz

It's a bugfix/minor improvement release; here's the changelog:

  * Minor Julia and Python documentation fixes (#2373).

  * Updated terminal state and fixed bugs for Pendulum environment
    (#2354, #2369).

  * Added `EliSH` activation function (#2323).

  * Add L1 Loss function (#2203).

  * Pass CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS (compilation options) correctly to Python build
    (#2367).

  * Expose ensmallen Callbacks for sparseautoencoder (#2198).

  * Bugfix for LARS class causing invalid read (#2374).

  * Add serialization support from Julia; use `mlpack.serialize()` and
    `mlpack.deserialize()` to save and load from `IOBuffer`s.

Thank you everyone who contributed to this release!  We are up to 176
contributors as listed on Github, which is really amazing.

I'm trying to get myself into the habit of *not* writing long release
emails, so that it will be easier to have releases more often.  So I'll
stop there! :)

If you have any issues or problems, feel free to file an issue on
Github, or post on the chat:
https://www.mlpack.org/community.html#real-time-chat

Have a great day!

Ryan Curtin    | "I'm going to be on television!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sara Goldfarb