[mlpack] Quantum Gaussian Mixture models

Bhavishya bhavishyagopesh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:48:10 EST 2019

Hi Sumedh and other mlpack developers,

*ABOUT* :
I'm a Computer Science junior at Indian Institute of Kanpur. I'm
interested in the *QGMM project for mlpack*. I have a background in both
Quantum computing and Machine Learning. I have done GSoC for PSF(worked on
the performance of python3) in my freshman year and was a research fellow
at the National University of Singapore( worked on approximate model
counters) in my sophomore year.

About the project:
I read the mentioned paper and I understand the goal of the project( and
the related math). I have initialized a repo
<https://github.com/bhavishyagopesh/QGMM/invitations>( access shared with
Sumedh) to maintain the related source. I'm thinking of reproducing the
Experimental section of the paper. Please let me
know what else can be done to include in the final proposal.

Some typos, I think, found in the paper:
- Pg2: Eq (4), and the line above, the index of [image: argmax] should
be [image:
P(k | {\theta_{k}})]
- Pg3: Line 5 It should be [image: C^{-1}]
        : Eq (7) Again [image: C^{-1}]
        : Eq (9) Again [image: C^{-1}]
- Pg7: last line ref:error
- Pg10 : section 4.2, Line 4 ref missing

Thanks
Regards,
Bhavishya