[mlpack] GSOC 2019

Bhavya Bahl bhavyabahl.1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 23:41:05 EST 2019

Hello everyone,

My name is Bhavya Bahl and I am a computer science undergraduate at Indian
Institute of Technology, Bombay. I have implemented some basic tests for
local coordinate coding and have been going through mlpack codebase over
the past one month. I am looking forward to spending my summers
contributing to mlpack.

I am mainly interested in two projects:
1) Essential deep learning modules: I was thinking of some possible
projects like highway networks and bidirectional attention flow for machine
comprehension but I am not sure if it would be feasible to train it on a
question answering dataset without a GPU. Please let me what you think!
2) mlpack-Tensorflow translator: I find the idea of translating models
trained using one framework to another one very interesting as it would
allow collaboration between people who are not familiar with different
frameworks. I was thinking of building upon the work that has been done on
CLI for ANN to get started with this one.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Bhavya