[mlpack] gsoc 2019

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 1 16:29:37 EST 2019

Hello,

thanks for reaching out, the main focus of the project is to implement a stable
and fast version of NEAT, that works with Arbitrary functions, see
https://www.ensmallen.org/docs.html#function-type-documentation for more
information (all we need is a function that implements the Evaluate method). For
testing, you could select from
https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/tree/master/include/ensmallen_bits/problems
or implement your own function e.g. another example might be to test it on a
game like Mario, see https://github.com/zoq/gym_tcp_api for more information.

I hope anything I said was helpful, let me know if I should clarify anything.