[mlpack] Using MLpack Without Installing

problemset problemset at 163.com
Sun Feb 24 22:28:04 EST 2019

Hi, all,

I follow the instruction to compile mlpack without installation in here(http://www.mlpack.org/docs/mlpack-3.0.3/doxygen/build.html).
the command like this:

cd mlpack
make build
cmake -D DEBUG=ON ../
make

I can use the program in bin directory. (I didn't install it in /usr/local/lib to because I don't have root permission :(.)

Then, I write the simple Covariance Computation program (http://www.mlpack.org/docs/mlpack-3.0.4/doxygen/sample.html).
I use the following command to compile the name with test_mlpack.cpp, the compiler says that can not find the file.

g++ -I/Users/xxx/clone/boost/dev-mlpack/mlpack/build/lib -L/Users/xxx/clone/boost/dev-mlpack/mlpack/build/include test_mlpack.cpp -std=c++11 -o test_mlpack

test_mlpack.cpp:3:10: fatal error: 'mlpack/core.hpp' file not found

#include <mlpack/core.hpp>

1 error generated.

Did I miss something? Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Xiaohong

Thanks,
Xiaohong