[mlpack] GSoC 2019

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Fri Feb 22 10:02:32 EST 2019

Hi Isuru,

Welcome to the community.  Have you taken a look at the mailing list
archives for previous years about the string processing utilities
project?  There is probably some good information in there.

If you're looking for something more direct to immediately contribute,
there are lots of issues open on Github marked as 'help wanted' or 'good
first issue'---hopefully those labels are helpful. :)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 08:53:09AM +0530, Isuru Sachitha Herath wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>         I'm Isuru Sachitha. 3rd-year Computer Engineering student from
> Faculty of Engineering, University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka. I have
> practical experience of programming in C/C++, Java, Python and have great
> interest in Machine learning and Data Science.
>
> I would like to contribute to mlpack in the upcoming Google Summer of Code
> 2019. Already I have setup mlpack in my laptop and done tutorials available
> on mlpack website.
>
> Also, I have gone through mlpack Ideas for GSoC 2019 and got
> interested in "String
> Processing Utilities" project idea and implemented a  programme for dictionary
> encoding
> <https://github.com/Isurusachitha/String-Processing-Utilities/blob/master/Dictionary%20Encoding.cpp>
> .
> That code is available in GitHub.
> https://github.com/Isurusachitha/String-Processing-Utilities/blob/master/Dictionary%20Encoding.cpp
>
> I would greatly appreciate any advice regarding "String Processing
> Utilities" project idea and guidelines and suggestions to get selected into
> mplack GSoC intern in 2019.
>
> Thank You very much !
>

> Yours sincerely,
>

> Isuru Sachitha Herath

Ryan Curtin    | "And do not attempt to grow a brain!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sgt. Howard Payne