[mlpack] GSoC 2019

Isuru Sachitha Herath isbsachitha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:23:09 EST 2019

Dear all,

        I'm Isuru Sachitha. 3rd-year Computer Engineering student from
Faculty of Engineering, University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka. I have
practical experience of programming in C/C++, Java, Python and have great
interest in Machine learning and Data Science.

I would like to contribute to mlpack in the upcoming Google Summer of Code
2019. Already I have setup mlpack in my laptop and done tutorials available
on mlpack website.

Also, I have gone through mlpack Ideas for GSoC 2019 and got
interested in "String
Processing Utilities" project idea and implemented a  programme for dictionary
encoding
<https://github.com/Isurusachitha/String-Processing-Utilities/blob/master/Dictionary%20Encoding.cpp>
.
That code is available in GitHub.
https://github.com/Isurusachitha/String-Processing-Utilities/blob/master/Dictionary%20Encoding.cpp

I would greatly appreciate any advice regarding "String Processing
Utilities" project idea and guidelines and suggestions to get selected into
mplack GSoC intern in 2019.

Thank You very much !

Yours sincerely,

Isuru Sachitha Herath