[mlpack] Stop gradient in mlpack ANN module

problemset problemset at 163.com
Fri Feb 15 21:33:32 EST 2019

Hi, Ryan,

Yes, the solution may be suitable for some cases. But in some complicated case, I am not sure it is able to handle.  Such as there are three models, Q1, Q2, V, and two loss functions Loss1, Loss2.  Loss1 is calculated with the output of V and Q1 (RMSE or other form loss function), but we only back prop the gradient to the model V's parameters rather than model Q1's parameters.

This is a simple abstract of the SAC model, I am sure there are more diverse demands for the ANN module.  I still need more time to figure out how to achieve this, hope our discussion will provide some thoughts (sparks) about it.

I am not sure I explain the case clearly, please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Xiaohong