[mlpack] Apply for Google Summer of Code 2019

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Apr 1 09:22:19 EDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 04:48:38PM +0800, Pan Yang wrote:
> Dear Sir/madam
>
> I'm pan yang, I'm applying for google summer of code 2019. I'm interested
> in the idea “string processing utilities”. Can I get more information about
> that? Below is a brief introduction about me.

Hi Pan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch.  For the
string processing utilities project, a good idea would be to get
familiar with the library itself and do some machine learning tasks on
string data.  This could help clarify what kinds of support would be
useful to add and help you refine your proposal.

Here are some other links to previous mailing list discussions about the
project:

http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/2018-January/003456.html
http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/2018-February/003548.html

Also, there are some overview links for getting involved and GSoC which
might be useful if you haven't already seen them:

https://www.mlpack.org/community.html
https://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

I hope this is helpful. :)

Thanks!