[mlpack] Fix MVU+LRSDP in GSoC 2018

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 26 13:09:06 EDT 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 07:05:05AM +0800, kaiqiang Xu wrote:
> Hi, Ryan
>
> Sorry to borther you directly by mistake in last email.
> I modified proposal and emphasize approaches. Now it has been submited to
> GSoC. Can you check it and give me some feedback  if available?

Hi Kaiqiang,

I took a quick look at the proposal; it seems me to like step 2 might be
a little redundant.  You have written:

  "2. Check the correctness of implementation of LRSDP.  Design several
      special simple/hard problem, such as the Lovasz theta SDP, the
      maximum cut SDP relaxation and etc."

but I thought I should point out that we already have these in mlpack;
see src/mlpack/tests/lrsdp_test.cpp.  So maybe this will help you save
some time since you will not need to implement that yourself.

Ryan Curtin    | "You're lucky."
ryan at ratml.org |  - Giles