[mlpack] Google Summer of Code - 2018

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 22 21:08:07 EDT 2018

Hello Hassan,

thanks for the update.

> There is another paper "Text to Photo-realistic Image Synthesis with Stacked
> Generative Adversarial Networks" and its implementation is available. Although,
> the implementations are in python, but this will help me greatly to understand
> the workflow.  I already had knowledge about Bidirectional Recurrent Neural
> Networks. I read the paper and did some information research for proper
> understanding. I will be implementing it too.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

> Is it fine to work on just two modules and produce good results (State of the
> Art accuracy as per the published paper)?

Absolutely, let's focus on a few ideas and make them as fast/usable as possible,
I think backed by reasonable results this would make a great project.

> Regarding the other two projects, can you give me some advice? What else should
> I do next regarding the "Essential Deep Learning Modules"?

For each project there are interesting discussions in the mailing list archive,
so make sure to check the archive. See http://mlpack.org/gsoc.html for
information about how to search the archive. Also, it's possible to submit
multiple ideas but my recommendation is to select a single idea and focus on
that one.

I hope anything I said was helpful, let me know if I should clarify anything.