[mlpack] Robotic Arm project for GSoC'18

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Sun Feb 25 08:39:25 EST 2018

Hello Sayan,

welcome and thanks for getting in touch.

> My research interests lie in the field of Deep Learning (specifically Deep
> Reinforcement Learning). I have been exploring deep neural network architecture
> for the past year and a half. I am familiar with deep learning. I have a
> completed numerous massively open online courses on the field with close to 100%
> grade in each. I am presently a community Course Mentor at deeplearning.ai's
> course on Convolutional Neural Networks. I am also quite comfortable using
> processing (Having used it to explore generative art).

Using processing is one idea, there are various possibilities each with its own
strengths. So if you say you like to implement the simulator in plain python
using OpenGL this is also an option we should take a closer look into.

> I have already compiled the codebase from source and have run the tests.
> However, as is mentioned in the proposal documentation, I am unable to find
> issues pertaining to this specific project. It would be great if a mentor could
> guide me in the right direction.

We are trying to publish more issues over the next days that are project related.

I hope anything I said was helpful, let me know if I should clarify anything.