[mlpack] Robotic Arm project for GSoC'18

Sayan Goswami goswami.sayan47 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 23:57:11 EST 2018

Hi,

I am Sayan Goswami, a sophomore year undergraduate student at Jadavpur
University, India. I would like to work on the "Robotic Arm" project as a
part of GSoC '18.

My research interests lie in the field of Deep Learning (specifically Deep
Reinforcement Learning). I have been exploring deep neural network
architecture for the past year and a half. I am familiar with deep
learning. I have a completed numerous massively open online courses on the
field with close to 100% grade in each. I am presently a community Course
Mentor at deeplearning.ai's course on Convolutional Neural Networks. I am
also quite comfortable using processing (Having used it to explore
generative art).

I am presently going through the mlpack methods API and getting familiar
with the codebase.

I have already compiled the codebase from source and have run the tests.
However, as is mentioned in the proposal documentation, I am unable to find
issues pertaining to this specific project. It would be great if a mentor
could guide me in the right direction.

I have attached my resume for your kind perusal.

Looking forward to a hearing back soon. Thank you for your time.

Resume: https://goo.gl/6jLhru
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwAJkZuRJT6tWmN3NHdSM0t6TGs>

Sincerely,
Sayan Goswami