[mlpack] Get participation in GSoC 2018

Hao Chen s1786991 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:55:48 EST 2018

Hi,

My name is Hao Chen. I’m an 3rd year Electrical and Electronics Engineering Student at the University of Edinburgh.

I would like to participate GsoC 2018 and I’m extremely interested in mlpack’s Essential Deep Learning Module and Reinforcement Learning projects.

Though I’m an EE student, I’ve enrolled a machine learning course and a NLP course. I’m also studying several deep learning courses online. I know basic C++ knowledge and I’m good at C and python.

So I might do BRNN of Essential Deep Learning. I’ve read the get involved guide and I’m planning to start from the mlpack code and mail archives. Can someone give me more suggestions about this year’s GsoC?

Thanks a lot

Best wishes,

Hao