[mlpack] issue with mlpack Python bindings on Mac OsX

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Dec 26 14:19:10 EST 2018

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 09:26:53PM +0000, Frodo Jedi wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
> I apologize for the delay of my answer, I was traveling.

No worries. I took a look through the log you attached and actually it
didn't have any of the information I needed.  So I wrote some modified
files that will give me the output that hopefully shows what is going
on, and if you are willing to try this out then maybe we can figure out
what is wrong.

http://www.ratml.org/misc/CMakeLists.mod.txt: replace the file
  src/mlpack/bindings/python/CMakeLists.txt with this

http://www.ratml.org/misc/setup-3.py.in: replace the file
  src/mlpack/bindings/python/setup.py.in with this

Hopefully this should give us a bit more output.  This time I'll need
just the configuration output (i.e. the output of 'cmake ..' when you
configure a clean project), and then the output of 'sudo make install';
specifically, there should be some lines in there that say either

running setup.py; PYTHONPATH:
<PYTHONPATH should be printed>

or, it will say

no PYTHONPATH in os.environ

So I'll just need to see that output plus the CMake configuration output
and hopefully that should get us closer.  I still don't have any insight
yet on why it is setting the PYTHONPATH for install as 'usr/...' not
'/usr/...', but that's definitely the problem and once we can fix that
it should install fine.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Why is it that the landscape is moving... but the boat is
ryan at ratml.org | still?"  - Train Driver