[mlpack] Essential Deep Learning Modules

Tejan Karmali tejank10 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 06:53:36 EST 2017

Hello

First of all, I would like to congratulate mlpack for getting accepted once
again for GSoC!

I am Tejan Karmali, sophomore at National Institute of Technology Goa,
India in Computer Science. I am interested in participating in GSoC 2017
with mlpack.

I am new in the field of Machine Learning, which I started only a few
months back with Prof. Ng's course on Coursera. My area of interest lies in
Neural Networks and previously I have worked on training a game bot using
Genetic Algorithm. While going through the list of Project ideas,
"Essential Deep Learning Modules" caught my eye. I am currently reading
about the models listed to work on this project. I want to be long term
contributor for mlpack. Kindly guide me in getting started.

Thanks

Tejan Karmali