[mlpack] Getting started

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Fri Jan 13 11:38:57 EST 2017

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 04:06:15PM +0530, Prasanna Patil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am 3rd year undergraduate computer engineering student from India.
> Recently I have been interested in machine learning algorithms. I have also
> implemented a few by myself in Python. I wish to contribute to mlpack to
> gain in depth insight of various machine learning algorithm. I have already
> set up mlpack locally and used it few times. can help me get started with
> development ?

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for getting in touch.  Have you seen
http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html ?  That might be a good place to get
started.

Also, if you would like to implement machine learning algorithms that
mlpack currently doesn't have, contributions like that are more than
welcome.  If you can provide a fast, well-tested implementation it would
be great to include it in mlpack.

Ryan Curtin    | "I can't believe you like money too.  We should
ryan at ratml.org | hang out."  - Frito