[mlpack] help

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 21 11:11:39 EDT 2017

Hello Ramnath,

if you see an error of the form:

error while loading shared libraries: libmlpack.so.2: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

be sure that the runtime linker is searching the directory where libmlpack.so
was installed. One way to do this, on Linux, is to ensure that the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable has the directory that contains
libmlpack.so. Using bash, this can be set easily:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/path/to/mlpack/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

also as you already pointed out the path matters, so
bin/mlpack_logistic_regression -h should also work in your case.

I hope this is helpful, let us know if we can clarify anything.