[mlpack] Fwd: GSOC Dataset and Experimentation tools

Chinmaya Bhat chinmaya.bhat1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:45:35 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am a 2nd year undergraduate student in Computer Science from BMS
Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India and am currently doing a course
on Machine Learning on Coursera. I can code well in C and C++.

I had subscribed to the mailing lists and irc channels (nickname on irc :
csbqwerty or Chinmaya) but I could not do much in these 2 weeks due to my
exams.
Now that they are complete, I want to contribute to mlpack.

I am very interested in sending my proposals on 2 topics :

   1. Dataset and experimentation tools
   2. More diverse build slaves (OSX an Windows)

I loved the idea for dataset and experimentation tools as I had some
difficulty while using mlpack and using it and I think it would be highly
used and helpful to many users.

   - How do I make the interface in the command line program? Can you
   direct me to something similar?

   - Also, is it too late for me to apply as I really wanted to do a lot
   more and I feel that I dont have the time ?

Regards,
Chinmaya