[mlpack] GSoC, 16 -implementation of the Bayesian algorithm and decision Tree

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Mar 16 09:21:15 EDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:00:56AM +0530, Sushmita singh wrote:
> hello,
>  As suggested by link
> https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas I have narrowed
>  down to work  on API for dataset and experimentation tool and decision
> tree. I am working on my proposal now but do they need to separate?

Hi Sushmita,

You should submit a proposal for a single idea.  If you want to do some
combination of implementing both a decision tree algorithm and the
dataset and experimentation tools, that is okay, but be sure that your
proposal is clear on what you plan to accomplish.

You might also take a look at this student guide for some more
information on preparing good proposals:

http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/what-is-google-summer-of-code/

I hope this is helpful.

Ryan Curtin    | "You can think about it... but don't do it."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sheriff Justice