[mlpack] Suggestions needed for GA

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Tue Mar 15 14:37:12 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:47:44PM +0530, Ranjan Mondal wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Is there any  guideline for writing core for mlpack?
> What  if I implement GA module for mlpack as a part of my  idea. Please
> give your suggestion and comments.

You should take a look at the design guidelines:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/DesignGuidelines

If you are going to implement genetic algorithms, please be sure to
detail the algorithm you plan to use.  Note that genetic algorithms are
typically taught for discrete combinatorial optimization, but in the
case of mlpack, the functions to be optimized are usually continuous and
not discrete.  So you will need to implement a version of genetic
algorithms that works with continuous variables.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Bye-bye, goofy woman.  I enjoyed repeatedly
ryan at ratml.org | throwing you to the ground." - Ben Jabituya