[mlpack] GSoC '16: Introduction and Project ideas discussion

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:44:45 EDT 2016

Hi Ryan,

I want to give an update about my current situation as application period
for GSoC opens from tomorrow. Last few days, I couldn't spend much time on
preparing an early draft of my proposal due to(may be it is some bad luck)
the reason that I have exams from coming Monday (right when application
period starts :-/) Therefore, I was busy preparing for it and hence
couldn't devote fair amount of time to interact in the project community. *I
seriously apologize for that. I do have full intentions to not to lose grip
on this side of my focus due to exams. *I have actually planned the rest of
my days in the following manner :-

*I will do some small but crucial tasks in the exam week like reading
required papers and try to gather as much information I can which will help
me later on**. **Although, good thing is that the exams will get over by
18th March which gives me 7 days(18 - 24th March) before the application
period ends to refine my proposal.** I will direct my full attention, time
and energy towards working on this project from 18th evening. So, I'll get
my first rough draft ready and request to get feedback by 20th March. *

I know it might be less time but I can literally devote my whole day into
getting my proposal in good shape once my exams get over in order to get up
to speed quickly. Also, since I have everything set up already now, I'll
get familiar with in's and out's of the code base and how to use it.

I hope you understand my situation.

Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Vivek Pal