[mlpack] GSOC - GoogleNet

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 11 10:12:22 EST 2016

Hello Vinay,

thanks for getting in touch and welcome!

I would say that it’s definitely important to read the papers related to the
project idea, in order to understand the tradeoffs and to better design your
code.

- Going Deeper with Convolutions:
	http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.4842
- Selective Search for Object Recognition:
	http://koen.me/research/pub/uijlings-ijcv2013-draft.pdf
- Rethinking the Inception Architecture for Computer Vision:
	http://arxiv.org/abs/1512.00567
- Scalable Object Detection using Deep Neural Networks (multi-box):
	http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.2249

Also, if you submit the proposal, be sure to spend some time thinking about the
API of the proposed code and make sure that it fits in with the rest of the
mlpack codebase. I'm happy to look at a proposed API and give some comments.

I hope this is helpful, let me know if I can clarify anything.