[mlpack] GSoC Application

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 4 10:10:02 EST 2016

Hello Bang,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Probably one of the most important things to do is read the following paper and
make sure you are familiar with it:

- HyperNEAT-GGP: http://nn.cs.utexas.edu/downloads/papers/hausknecht.gecco12.pdf
- NEAT: http://nn.cs.utexas.edu/?stanley:ec02
- CMA-ES: http://image.diku.dk/igel/paper/NfRLUES.pdf
- CoSyNE: ftp://ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/neural-nets/papers/gomez.ecml06.ps
- Multi-Objective Neuroevolution in Super Mario Bros.: http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:676807/FULLTEXT01.pdf

We also suggest that everyone who wishes to apply for this project, try to
compile the source code and explore the source code, especially the neural
network code and the code to communicate with the  emulator.

The application guide should cover your question:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Application-Guide

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks
Marcus