[mlpack] [gsoc16]Getting in touch

Ibrahim Dalal cs14btech11041 at iith.ac.in
Wed Mar 2 09:00:58 EST 2016

Dear mlpack community,

I am a sophomore at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India
pursuing my Bachelor of Technology in the department of Computer Science
and Engineering. I am interested in contributing to mlpack under GSoC'16.

I have an intermediate level proficiency in C++ and have also done decent
amount of coding in Python. Have recently completed Andrew Ng's ML on
Coursera. As a part of my research internship, have gone through various
face/object detection algorithms specially Viola-Jones'.

As stated on getting involved page, I have installed mlpack and have
started playing around with various command line tools. Can someone please
guide me to my first patch? I request you to be as specific as possible, as
the size of source code is a bit daunting to me.

Looking forward to be a part of this wonderful community.

Thanks for your patience.